Beaconsfield School staff and BOT are committed to providing engaging and challenging learning opportuntities for our students to explore and develop their potential.
Our focus is to identify pupils through a variety of methods including observations, analysis of data and consultation with both students and parents to accommodate pupils diverse learning needs and interests within our school programme.
Our vision is to provide a learning environment that cultivates academic, creative, sporting and leadership abilities. We aim to provide differentiated instruction within and beyond the classroom programme that is responsive to diverse interests, abilities and learning styles.
In 2013 we will provide the following learning opportunities:
· Interchange between classes in reading and maths
· Providing the opportunity for students to participate in the ICAS Maths, Science & English assessments
· A Year 8 financial literacy programme
· A specialist music teacher funded by the PTA
· Our Year 4-8 Leadership Challenges
· Quality work areas in each of our 6 classrooms
· Extension boxes in each class that match the abilities/interests of pupils diverse learning needs
· Literacy and Numeracy extension learning activities on our Beaconsfield 'Learning Zone' wiki page
· Year 7-8 science fair
· Science and arts weeks at our school
· Year 6-8 rural group enrichment day
· A number of our pupils taking part in the Young Leaders day
· An above average number of our pupils being in sports representative teams
· Opportunities for students to participate in Music, Singing and Kapa Haka instruction
· Teacher aide assistance to enhance pupils academic achievement
· 6 low class sizes for our 125 pupils
· Curriculum planning that accommodates pupils enrichment needs